Here is the list I have compiled of great things to do with the kids during the Sumer Holidays. Thanks so much for the recommendations from the Mini Moosic Mums!
If you live in or around Essex you're going to love these ideas! Most of them are really good if on a budget and shows just how much FUN you can have with the kids while spending very little. Happy Holidays everyone - the ideas have clickable links direct to the websites.
1. Maldon Promenade Park - fantastic splash park, sandpit, pirate ship adventure play, crabbing, ducks, boats & plenty more!
2. Highlands Park, Chelmsford
3 .Hockley Woods
4. Thorndon Park, Brentwood – The Gruffalo Hunt http://www.visitparks.co.uk/places/thorndon-country-park/
5 Olympic Park Stratford http://queenelizabetholympicpark.co.uk/
6. Great Notley Country Park http://www.visitparks.co.uk/places/great-notley-country-park/
7. Lake Meadows, Billericay. Go Bonkers Inflatables are there every Tuesday & Friday throughout the Summer
8. Cassiobury Park, Watford http://cassioburypark.info/ Beautiful place to spend the day. Just need picnic, money for an ice-cream, swimming suit & a ball!
9. Hyde Park, London Peter Pan playground http://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/kensington-gardens/facilities-in-kens...
10. Hyde Hall Park, Chelmsford
8. Marsh Farm http://www.marshfarm.co.uk/ KidsFest 8th, 9th & 10th August
9. BarleyLands Farm Park & Craft Village http://www.barleylands.co.uk/
10. Godstone Park, Surrey http://www.godstonefarm.co.uk/
11. Old Macdonalds Farm
12. Hopefield Animal Sanctuary, Brentwood (Themed days) https://www.facebook.com/hopefieldsanctuary/timeline
13. Farmer Fred's Paddocks, Canvey Island. Splash park & play area https://www.facebook.com/FarmerFredsPaddocks/info
12. Frinton-on-Sea (Just under an hour away from Southend) Beautiful & unspoilt so no shops or cafes. Picnic, kite, buckets & spades & you're set!
13. Cudmore Grove, East Mersea
14. The Little Beach Hut Company, East Mersea £50/day split over a couple of families is great value. Choose from Betty, Bertie, Dotty, Percy or Hattie! http://www.thelittlebeachhutcompany.co.uk/
17. Miniature Railway at Audley End. http://audley-end-railway.co.uk/
And for those inevitable rainy days...
18. KidSpace Romford http://www.kidspaceadventures.com/romford/home
19. Rivendell Village Maldon. Yummy café Nanna's Kitchen, Spa treatments for big & small and great indoor PlayLoft. http://www.rivendellvillage.co.uk/
20. London Museums - Natural History & Science
21. Cinema/Bowling at Basildon Festival Leisure Park
22. Swimming - Blackwater Leisure Centre http://www.1life.co.uk/maldon-district-council/blackwater-leisure-centre...
First Strokes at Lake Meadows, Billericay http://www.firststrokes.com/locations-timetables/billericay/
Things to do at Home
1. Plant some flowers/vegetables
2. Bake cakes
3. Making pizzas
3. Make a den in the living room
4. Movie day, make homemade popcorn, grab the duvets and snuggle up on the sofa together. I've heard "Frozen" is good....!!!
5. Wallpaper painting outside in the garden with buckets of water & big paintbrushes
6. Shaving foam in a stack box is fun with any thing thrown in like bits of coloured paper
7. Paddling pool & water fights!
8. Indoor picnics